Working theory of ultrasound hifu transducer:
HIFU is a very exciting advancement to those of us in the world of aesthetics for several reasons. First, we are talking about LIFTING and TIGHTENING, not just tightening. An hifu treatment tightens the skin and gives the face a vertical lift. Just incase you missed that, I said “LIFT”! hifu uses ultrasound imaging and ultrasound energy. The ultrasound imaging allows us to see exactly where we are treating. We are able to be very specific in where the ultrasound “energy” or Thermal Coagulation Points are delivered in the skin. The most exciting thing is the depth we are able to treat. hifu is the only non-invasive treatment that can specifically target the deep foundation below the skin that is addressed in cosmetic surgery without cutting or disrupting the surface of the skin. I can’t forget to mention that there is NO down time, which is very convient for those who can’t spare the time to recover from surgery.
To achieve skin tightening you need to target the skin at a fairly deep level, the dermis and superficial muscle. Procedures that treat the epidermis will not tighten or lift the skin. The hifu works at three separate levels, the upper dermis, lower dermis and the SMAS/ Platisma. The area where the facial muscles are connected to the dermis is refered to as the (SMAS). This superficial muscle is something that would be addressed by a facial plastic surgeon during a facelift to reduce the appearance of sagging jowls, cheeks and neck skin. With the hifu we are able to address this area without surgery.
With the hifu the “energy” is delivered in a very specific way. This is important because in the past if we wanted to tighten the skin we were mostly limited to devices that use Radiofrequency (RF). Radiofrequency works by delivering heat ( volumetric heating ) deep into the skin to stimulate collagen production and tighten skin. The challenge with RF devices is that they are not very specific. Unlike lasers, RF devices do not precisely reach targeted areas and they are not absorbed by a specific chromophore. Simply put, radiofrequency does not know where to go on it’s own, so it is not as precise as hifu or laser treatments. Lasers on the other hand are very precise, they use a single wavelength to target specific chromophores at specific depths of the skin (selective heating). Lasers however do not reach the necessary depth in the skin to achieve skin tightening or lifting. Lasers are not used specifically for tightening, they are more appropriate for treating skin discoloration, vascular lesions, unwanted hair, tattoo removal, acne treatments, peeling and resurfacing treatments to treat scars, lines and wrinkles. hifu is in a class all it’s own, it uses (focused ultrasound heating) to precisely target the deep structural support layers of the skin.
HIFU skin tightening procedure is usually performed under oral analgesia. A smooth hand piece delivers highly focused ultrasound energy which safely heats up the subcutaneous layer at designated depth. The patient will be asked to feedback on the intensity of heat so that the procedure does not become uncomfortable or painful whilst achieving optimum results.
Layered energy emission transmitter of ultrasound hifu transducer:
1.DS-4.5D 4MHZ frequency used to transmit high- energy focused ultrasound to the skin, subcutaneous tissue, the ultrasound to penetrate the skin to a depth of 4.5mm, direct subcutaneous SMAS layer, forming “heat coagulation” regional, targeted to thicker skin, such as cheeks, etc.
2. DS-4.5S 7MHZ frequencies used to transmit high-energy focused ultrasound to the skin, subcutaneous tissue, the ultrasound to penetrate the skin to a depth of 4.5mm, direct subcutaneous SMAS layer, targeted to thinner skin, such as the forehead, thin and neck.
3. DS-3.0 for transmitting high frequency of 8 MHZ focused ultrasound energy into the dermis layer of the skin tissue,the ultrasound to penetrate the skin to a depth of 3.0mm,is responsible for activating the skin’s dermal layer of collagen,effectively enhance the effect of the consolidation of the outline,but also improve large pores and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
4. DS-1.5 10MHZ frequency used to transmit high-energy focused ultrasound to the epidermis tissue,the ultrasound to penetrate the skin to a depth of 1.5mm,is responsible for activating the skin epidermis in thinner tissue.
HIFU Skin tighten process with ultrasound hifu transducer:
1. Skin cleaning
2. Take photo and mart the treat skin area
3. Pt gel as a conductor between the transmitter and the skin
4. Mark the treating area,such as around the chin,neck,both sides of the plane
5.Pay attention to avoid the edge of the chin nerve(marginal mandibular nerve) and supraorbital never
(supra orbital nerve) area
6. After completion,and no recovery period,can use skincare products and make-up
7. Just once,the full effect will gradually appear in 2-3 months time
Before and after with FU4.5-3S H+ V+ hifu:
1.5mm,3.0mm,4.5mm,8mm,13mm for face lifting and body shaper,
standard configuration 3.0mm,4.5mm two cartridge.other available.